[MontelLUG] Microsoft apre un sito su Linux

cesco webmonster a apf.it
Ven 7 Apr 2006 09:54:54 CEST

Septimo Idus Apriles MMVI Roberto.sartor="Rs" haec scripsit:
Rs> Hanno intenzione di fare una distribuzione anche loro?

Avevo sentito un'intervista simpatica a Bill Hilf qui:
    http://www.lugradio.org/episodes/39

Una buona risposta gliel'hanno data nel forum della presentazione (:

*******
 Dear Microsoft:

 Before investigating Linux, would you guys please do the following so
 we can testify of your good faith?

 * Opening the Excel and Word binary formats
 * Adapting the Open Document Format for Microsoft Word
 * Fixing the Web Folders to be 100% compatible with existing standards
   (I want to use webfolders on my php-based site!)
 * Adopting the ext2 and ext3 (and reiser if possible) file systems for
 * Windows XP and Vista
 * Releasing the Internet Explorer sourcecode (including but not limited
   to the extensions like XML and XSLT handling) under the GPL
 * Supporting the w3c standards in Internet Explorer - for this we web
   designers have had to endure constant headaches.
 * Promise not to file any patent suits against Open Source programmers
   and companies
 * Stop the "embrace and extend" business please...

 Also, there's something I have against Microsoft. For years I've found
 bugs in various of your products but me, as a mere mortal user have
 found no means to contact you. Please adopt collaboration tools like
 Sourceforge - trust me, they're great.

 P.S. If you could get Steve out of the company and put MiniMSFT in his
 place, I'd be delighted :D

 Thanks!
********
--