[MontelLUG] ubuntu su g3 beige - missione compiuta

EndelWar endelwar a aregar.it
Mer 26 Apr 2006 11:43:16 CEST

Il giorno mer, 26/04/2006 alle 11.15 +0200, Nicola Durante ha scritto:
> Vi ricordate i mac g3 beige di giovedì sera che stavano per buttare via?
> hanno 512 mb di RAM!
> Ora dentro una di queste macchine gira linux ubuntu,

lo sai che ora sei obbligato a scrivere un tutorial? su su, poi aggiorni
anche il tuo trafficatissimo blog :P

> - esiste un comando testuale per disabilitare i servizi che partono al boot
> di sistema? per capirsi: il corrispettivo di chkconfig? (usato da suse, red
> hat, mandrake...)

l'utility di sistema è update-rc.d
update-rc.d svc defaults
        Enable service at boot time. chkconfig svc on
update-rc.d svc stop 0 1 2 3 4 5 6
        Disable scv at boot time. This puts "K" links in all relevant
        runlevels, so theoretically apt-get will know to keep the
        service disabled, and won't re-enable it. At least in theory. In
        practice there's something wrong with the command and I haven't
        figured out how to make it work. Adding "." at the end doesn't
        work either.
update-rc.d -f svc remove
        Disable service at boot time. chkconfig svc off This is simpler
        than the preceeding line, but less permanent; services will come
        back on an apt-get install or dist-upgrade.
        -f means force removal of the /etc/rc.? scripts while leaving
        the basic script in /etc/init.d (so you can run the service by
        hand if you choose). --purge means remove the script from
        init.d.

        If you want to remove a service so that it never starts unless
        asked, and never comes back in a dist-upgrade ... I still don't
        know. Apparently the only way is to go to each directory
        named /etc/rc?.d in turn, and then rename Snnservicename to
        Knnservicename (which you can't easily do as a script or alias
        because of the nns being variable). It's unbelievable that
        debian has no easier way to do this. Oh, well.
update-rc.d svc start 20 2 3 4 5 . stop 20 0 1 6
        Enable service at boot time in the given runlevels, like
        chkconfig svc --levels 2345 on

C'è anche una utility simile a chkconfig, e si chiama sysv-rc-conf

> nota di riflessione:

+1 per apple :)