[MontelLUG] Torvalds e la FSF si cagnano (al solito)

Diego Rondini panda84 a inwind.it
Mar 5 Dic 2006 12:23:02 CET

Ciao a tutti,

la distrowatch weekly di questa settimana oltre ad Ulteo parla delle
dispute all'interno del mondo open source.
http://distrowatch.com/weekly.php?issue=20061204

C'è il link ad un bellissimo post di Linus Torvalds riguardo ai suoi
rapporti (generalmente non buoni) con la Free Software Foundation. Ecco
uno spezzone:

"The fact that the FSF has tried to paint Linux as a GNU project (going
as far as trying to rename it "GNU/Linux" at every opportunity they get)
is their confusion, not ours. ... Linux from the very beginning was not
about the FSF ideals, but about "Full source must be available". It also
talked about "Free", but that very much was "Free as in beer, not as in
freedom", and I decided to drop that later on. How much clearer can I
be? I've actively tried to promote "Open Source" as an alternative to
"Free Software", so the FSF only has itself to blame over the confusion."

Ciao,
Diego